All about the Valorant anti-cheat, Vanguard.
Vanguard has been at the heart of community discussions for the past few weeks, so Riot has answered a few questions and explains in depth the details of Vanguard development and its effectiveness.
A little return on the history of security at Riot
It was the first thing Riot wanted to talk about.
Their approach is as follows:
– Listen to comments made by players
– Propose solutions without blocking other utilities
– The security system would be the guardian of the players
This is as true in 2020 as it is in 2017. The Vanguard team is doing their best to offer effective security, data confidentiality and security.
The fact that Vanguard is in the kernel of your computer can cause some concern, however Riot explains that it is a very effective means, that the software in question is secure and that they cannot give too much information for the moment. avoid compromising Vanguard.
Riot would not be Riot if he allowed himself to neglect the safety of their players.
Riot Vanguard’s philosophy
– Riot is committed to achieving the highest competitive integrity in its games. They want you to play in a world where you must never doubt your abilities or those of your opponent.
– The battle against cheaters and in constant evolution, like the cheats in question which passes from a simple control of the memory of the client of the game to internal modifications much more complex.
– Vanguard is for them the solution for competitive integrity because it allows them to constantly improve their arsenal to counter cheats.
– Vanguard does not collect or process any personal information beyond what the current League of Legends anti-cheat solution does. Riot does not want to know more about you or your machine than is necessary to maintain high integrity in your game. The game data we collect is used for the operation of the game and for integrity related services such as Packman (LoL anti-cheat) and Vanguard
Check this dice roller at : https://www.dado-virtual.com
The architecture of Riot Vanguard
– Vanguard is made up of three components: the client, the pilot and the platform.
– The client (user mode) manages all anti-cheat detections during the game.
– The client must communicate with the platform to receive the detections necessary to be able to play.
– The customer does not consider a trusted machine unless he recognizes the driver; unreliable machines cannot play Valorant.
– The driver (kernel mode) is used by the client to validate the memory and the state of the system, and to ensure that the client has not been tampered with.
– The pilot is executed at startup to avoid loading cheats before the client is initialized.
– The driver can be uninstalled at any time, although Valorant will not work without it.
– The driver does not collect or send us any information on your computer
For 6 years, Riot Games has implemented the BugBounty program, rewarding security researchers, they have invested almost two million dollars at the moment. You can also try your luck yourself if you have knowledge in the field, with good rewards to the key (more information here).
Riot ends on an important note, explaining that they would not allow players to make a game or something malicious and dangerous to you.